This just hit my e-mail inbox…
Dear [Dale Jackson[,
We are writing to let you know that, effective today, as part of a settlement reached with the Attorney General’s office, DraftKings will stop offering paid fantasy sports contests in Alabama.
We understand that this news is disappointing and we know that you share our passion for fantasy sports in Alabama. As you may know, DraftKings is working with state lawmakers across the country to enact fantasy sports legislation, and we are hopeful to engage with the Alabama legislature in the future, as we believe this to be the best path forward for state residents to play the fantasy games they love.
In the meantime, here is what this change means for your account.
- Effective April 29, 2016, players located in Alabama will no longer be able to participate in paid fantasy contests on DraftKings. All accounts will be restricted for paid contest entry and deposit while located in the state. If you are outside the state of Alabama, you will still be allowed to play in paid contests.
- Your balance remains available for withdrawal at any time, but should you wish to maintain your account balance, DraftKings will continue to hold your funds securely.
- All paid contest entries that have not yet started will be refunded to your account.
- All entries in contests that have started will remain in the contest and any winnings can be withdrawn following completion of the contest.
- Existing tickets and DraftKings dollars will be converted to cash and credited to your account.
To make your voice heard, please click here to contact your government officials regarding fantasy sports. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to email us at email@example.com.
Thank you for being part of the DraftKings community.
Thank God, I was worried for a while.
Filed under: Uncategorized