My take: He was an eccentric musician who made pretty good music and never got in trouble like many other famous folks. Iconic.
Now, let’s talk about his death: Again, he was an eccentric 57-year-old musician found dead in his elevator. What do you think happened.
Yes. Drug overdose (ALLEGEDLY)…
Prince was treated for a drug overdose 6 days before his death … multiple sources tell TMZ.
We broke the story … Prince’s private jet made an emergency landing in Moline, Illinois last Friday, hours after he performed in Atlanta. At the time his reps said he was battling the flu … something we questioned because his plane was only 48 minutes from home before the unscheduled landing.
Multiple sources in Moline tell us, Prince was rushed to a hospital and doctors gave him a “save shot” … typically administered to counteract the effects of an opiate.
Our sources further say doctors advised Prince to stay in the hospital for 24 hours. His people demanded a private room, and when they were told that wasn’t possible … Prince and co. decided to bail. The singer was released 3 hours after arriving and flew home.
We’re told when Prince left he “was not doing well.”
We know authorities in Minnesota are trying to get the hospital records from Moline to help determine cause of death.
Mourn the death, obviously.
As Birmingham fans mourned the loss of music icon Prince on Thursday, the city announced its plans to honor him on Friday.
Officials will be lighting city hall purple beginning April 22 and will continue through the end of the month.
Mayor William Bell released the following statement:
Throughout the day around the office, everyone was sharing their favorite Prince song or memory. Everything from the first time they saw ‘Purple Rain’ to how the lyrics of ‘Adore’ helped them express feelings for a first love. Few artists have that sort of universal appeal, few leave such a lasting impression. This is our small way to pay tribute and say thank you for touching lives and showing us once again that music is a great unifier and that all of us have more in common than we sometimes realize. We all love, we all cry and we all imagine what it would be like to drive that little red corvette.
The Mayor’s office is encouraging citizens to share their favorite Prince memories by using the hashtag #BHAMpurple.
Again, he allegedly died of a drug overdose.
This is why we can’t have Home Rule in Alabama.
How about we just all in put Prince on the 20 dollar bill..
Filed under: Uncategorized