Alabama Mornings’ ShowPrep for March 15th, 2016…

A mess in Madison

He’s a controversial guy, and he’s still the talk of the town in Madison. We’re talking about Donald Trump.

Members of the Madison City Council have spoken to WHNT News 19 about their concerns following the rally. Council president Tim Holcombe said there was a lack of communication from the mayor at the rally’s inception, and he was also concerned about the $30,000 cost to the city.

Mayor Troy Trulock has countered that the city provided public safety support for the event just like any high school football game or large event at the stadium, and he found out about the rally when the Council did through email.

City leaders have made it clear they don’t take issue with the rally itself, because they are proud of Madison’s staff for pulling it off so well.

On Monday, the Madison City Council allowed the public to come forward with their own opinions.

“I do not believe that public facilities should be used for political purposes,” said one man, concerned about the city’s image.

Another woman said she’s excited, regardless of politics, that Madison was in the spotlight. “If we have something national happen in our city, should we not be elated that they chose us?” she asked.

The community also disagreed about the $30k cost of the rally.

“If the city is not reimbursed by the Trump campaign, then the money should come out of the Mayor’s pocket since this whole thing happened at his direction,” said one man.

A different one said, “Good for you, Mayor, for doing something good for the city. And I say we should get behind that and stop the fighting and just understand this was not a bad thing. I can guarantee the economic impact far outweighed a $30,000 bill at the end of the day.”

The question among the public group remained whether the costs should be shouldered by the city, or by Trump’s campaign.

But the council’s divisions were also apparent at Monday’s meeting.

“Pull together,” someone encouraged the council, adding, “I am so disappointed in this city that I have loved for well over 20 years. You people are letting me down, and you’ve not done that before. Please pull together.”

This stuff is pathetic…

Lady, it’s a political event. Yes, it was handled poorly and the cost should be recouped but we aren’t going to refuse candidates a venue. Stop trying to silence people.


The RSA’s main man is living a pretty sweet life, you are paying for it.

According to Forbes Magazine, Alabama is currently home to exactly zero billionaires. But if you spent a day with the state’s highest paid government employee, you might assume Forbes must have overlooked something.

Dr. David Bronner has been Chief Executive Officer of the Retirement Systems of Alabama (RSA) for over 40 years. From a palatial office overseeing downtown Montgomery, Bronner manages the pension fund for employees of the state of Alabama, including teachers. Through some early successes and some crafty propaganda — much of it published in the RSA’s own newsletter — Dr. Bronner’s reputation as an investment wizard has endured, even as his pension fund has deteriorated to the point that Alabama taxpayers are compelled to contribute roughly $1 billion per year to prop it up.


Is Gov. Bentley crazy?

Four members of Gov. Robert Bentley’s cabinet got annual raises of $73,000 late last year after the Legislature approved a bill to repeal salary caps.

Inside Alabama Politics reported the story today.

Alcoholic Beverage Control Board Administrator Mac Gipson, Department of Economic and Community Affairs Director Jim Byard, Revenue Commissioner Julie Magee and Insurance Commissioner Jim Ridling all received raises of $73,405.

That increased their annual salaries to $164,419, an 80 percent jump.

Medicaid Commissioner Stephanie Azar received a raise of $64,008, bringing her salary to $205,792, a 45 percent increase.

The raises were based on legislation that passed last year — Senate Bill 186 by Sens. Greg Albritton, R-Bay Minette and Arthur Orr, R-Decatur.

The bill removed salary caps for some cabinet positions and allowed the governor to set new salaries within ranges approved by the State Personnel Board.

The bill changed a law more than 40 years old that had originally capped cabinet salaries at $35,000 a year.

You can’t do this while whining about poverty.


Donald Trump prefers people who don’t get hurt in snowmachine accidents

What an a-hole.

And Sarah Palin gives us a stupid quote as well

Clowns.


Hillary Clinton just destoryed 13 years of liberal lies…

Was anyone watching?


Ben Carson wants you to look at the fruit salad of Trump’s Presidency…

Also, he will be a part of this mess…


Did Donald Trump no what was going to happen in Chicago?


He hold up the Bible and then lies…

No one cares.

For all his flaws, and there are many, Donald Trump IS NOT inciting riots.

Authorities in North Carolina say there isn’t enough evidence to press charges against Donald Trump for his behavior in connection with a violent altercation at one of his rallies last week.

In a statement issued Monday night, the Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office said legal counsel advised and Sheriff Earl “Moose” Butler agreed that the evidence doesn’t meet the requisites of North Carolina law to support a conviction for inciting a riot.

The sheriff’s office said while other aspects of its investigation are continuing, the investigation related to Trump and his campaign is over and no charges are anticipated.

This not something we need to start pretending is possible…


Settlement reached in “rape bait” case

The guardian for a former eighth-grade Sparkman Middle School girl who was raped in 2010 during a botched sting operation has reached a confidential money settlement in her lawsuit against the Madison County School Board and several school administrators.

The case had been headed for a trial, but was recently resolved during mediation, according to court records.

Both sides informed U.S. Magistrate Judge T. Michael Putnam on March 7 that a settlement had been reached in the case. As a result, Putnam has dismissed the case.

“Our client is happy that this six-year-long ordeal is over,” according to a statement from Eric J. Artrip, one of the attorneys representing the girl’s guardian. “She is also very happy with the outcome and the attention that this case has received and hopes that this case will make girls safer in schools.”

Artrip said that “a reasonable settlement with the former Assistant Principal Jeanne Dunaway” was reached.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: